Most people, especially women get more conscious of their appearance as they age. As we grow older, our bodies start to slow down and age starts to kick in. Occasionally, our skin will start to sag and lines will start to appear. We all want to look our best and maintain our youthful beauty as long as we can. But as we all know, keeping our skin in tip top condition is time consuming and not to mention, expensive. Fortunately, there are ways that you can do to look younger without breaking the bank. Let me share to you some of them.
1. Sleep well. Sad to say, lot of people underestimate the power of sleep. Little do they know that sleep can greatly affect how one looks. Having a good seven to eight hours of sleep every night gives your body sufficient time to rejuvenate itself. Notice how you look instantly refreshed after a good night's sleep? That's because your cells were renewed and rejuvenated while you were sleeping.
2. Daily exercise is a must. Exercise improves blood circulation which is vital in transporting oxygen and nutrients all over our body. This increased circulation can also raise the temperature of the blood and pushes it towards the surface of the skin, hence the healthy glowing complexion. Just make sure that you do not overdo your exercise outdoors because you will be at high risk for sun damage.
3. Choose your makeup well. Ditch dark overdone makeup and always opt for the no-makeup makeup look for your everyday look. Heavy makeup that is dark and streaky can age you so always keep it light and fresh. As for the eyes, avoid over plucking your eyebrows and stick to neutral eye shadows. For the under eyes, always choose a concealer that is right for your skin tone. Avoid using concealers that are too light or too dark for you. For the lips, pinks and neutrals are good. Dark lipsticks age you. Always remember that as you age, less is definitely more when it comes to makeup. When used properly, it can instantly make you look younger but if not, it will just make you look older than you actually are.
4. Take care of your skin. A few minutes a day is all you need to maintain healthy looking skin. Always remember to moisturize everyday to nourish the skin and keep it dewy and supple. Also, do not forget to wear sunscreen every day to prevent premature skin aging caused by the sun's harmful UV rays. With a solid skin care regimen, you'll be amazed how quickly people will notice a difference in your appearance.
5. Get a facial. Facials help remove deep filtered dirt from your skin. It advances skin problems, it tightens pores and it also encourages collagen production. Try to have one at least once a month or once every two months and see how your skin will improve.