Botox injections have been safely used for some years now, and it's become one of the most popular anti-aging treatments on the market, due to its safety and effectiveness. But we must always remember that despite Botox's popularity and its increasing use, the treatment is still a medical procedure, and only a fully trained and highly experienced cosmetic doctor or nurse practitioner should carry out this treatment.
- Always check out the practitioners qualifications
- Avoid gimmicks, such as: two for the price of one or introduce a friend and get a discount
- Always make sure the place you go to have treatment is clean
- The cheapest priced treatment is not always the best
- Check out their before and after photos and see what results they achieve
- Check online reviews for recommendations
- Ask around for word of mouth reviews
For your botox treatment, only go to a practitioner who is highly trained in botox techniques. At your consultation you will discuss what requirements you have, and what your expectations are. A trained practitioner will have performed thousands of botox treatments, they will have a large client base and will have lots of before and after photo's, reviews and recommendations of their work.
The repeated contractions of the muscles are what causes the skin to crease, making fine lines appear. Botox gets injected into specific muscles and this relaxes the muscles and precedents contraction. Botox injections are given using fine needles, making the procedure quite painless. Afterwards you might get slow swelling and redness and as with any injection procedure there's the risk of bruising, but this is minimal and can easily be covered up by make-up.
Botox, when done properly, should leave your face looking relaxed and refreshed, with no-one being able to tell that you've had wrinkle reduction treatment. By choosing the right cosmetic doctor to achieve your aim, your appearance will look much improved, but will still remain looking completely natural.
Botox can also be used to:
- Reduce over active frown / expression lines
- Reduce crows feet, lines and wrinkles
- Correcting lines from repeated facial expression and worry lines
- Give you an eye lift
- Correct eyebrows that look uneven
- Tighten the jaw line
- Correct the downward turning corners around each side of the lips
- Treat migraines
- Treat hyperhidrosis (armpit sweating)
Continuity is always a good idea, so if you are having botox, fillers or any treatment where you go back for top up's and more treatments, it's wise to use the same practitioner who knows what you want and what you are hoping to achieve and who knows your face.