If you despair at the state of your skin when you look in the mirror, then a chemical peel treatment can improve the texture and tone on your face, leaving you with visible results, without any irritation or shredding of the skin.
Chemical peels are a widely used and useful part of cosmetic treatments, and they can help rectify a number of skin concerns. They are most often used as an anti-aging treatment, to improve acne, acne scars and skin discolouration or simply to freshen up the skin.
Benefits of chemical peels:
- They can reduce or take away blotchy patches that cause the skin to look dull.
- They are able to penetrate deep enough to remove the top layer of skin, which will even out your skin tone.
- The sun is the main cause of fine lines and wrinkles, and a chemical peel can remove the sun damaged top layer of skin, leaving behind a fresh and smooth layer.
- They will leave your skin feeling smoother, revealing a fresh layer of skin, giving a youthful appearance and a much improved skin texture.
- A chemical peel is a good treatment if you're suffering from acne, and within a few months can help clear up inflammations and even acne scars.
- The treatment is fast and simple. The average procedure takes around 30-40 minutes.
Chemical peels can refresh the skin, giving your face a healthy looking glow, as well as giving your skin-care and make-up products a smoother base to sit on. The procedure basically involves applying an acid-containing solution to your face.
The acid lifts away the dead cells in minutes, triggering a chain reaction:
- It causes exfoliation of the top layer of the skin
- Once the skin is shed, the living cells below will multiply and move up.
- This will increase collagen production, making hyaluronic acid which results in a fresher, younger looking face.
Regularly removing dead skin cells will freshen up your skin, giving it a fresh and youthful glow. It will even out the skin tone, reduce age spots and leave you with a better skin quality. The peels penetrate into the dermis of the skin and stimulate the fibroblasts deep within the skin, producing new and improved collagen and elastin and increasing the skin cell turnover.
Chemical peels offer a non-inasive, quick-fix solution, without the need for surgery. Lasers can target problems such as pigmentation and fine lines, but they can prove expensive, so chemical peels are ideal for customers looking for an effective, less expensive option.