Collagen plays an important role in the growth, health, and physical maintenance of our body. Collagen is the main structural protein in connective tissue as found in ligaments and tendons. However collagen can have a positive impact on your other elements of your body in addition to tendons and ligaments. For example, collagen is the elastic tissue that gives our skin its tautness. Read more to discover the rejuvenating benefits collagen supplements can have on your skin hair, nails, and more!
Swallowing the Truth
Almost all of us are familiar with the collagen treatments that are a staple of Hollywood star's beauty routine and a go-to for those of us 'regular' people to help bring vitality back into our aging skin. What you may not know is that injections are not the only way to incorporate collagen into your body and in fact is not even the most effective. While injections can provide temporary pleasurable results, even the best surgical procedures after need to be maintained on a yearly or less basis. By choosing to ingest natural collagen products you are not just “repainting the house”, you are remodeling it from the inside out!
Here are the 6 benefits of Collagen:
1) Skin – As we age our production of collagen begin to slow, and by the time we are in our 30's the collagen proteins that hold our skin taunt begin to lose their luster. Collagen supplements help the body repair its own tissue naturally, giving your skin a glow and freshness from the inside out.
2) Digestion – You may not realize, but collagen plays an important role in our digestion. Not only does it help repair the lining of the stomach, but collagen is actually very hydrophilic, meaning it attracts moisture easily, helping in the direction of stomach acids leading to a smoother digestive process.
3) Hair – Yes, even your hair can benefit from natural collagen supplements. Containing important amino acids and proteins, these supplements can help restore hair to health and vitality by increasing the amount of acids and proteins needed for healthy growth.
4) Flexibility – Surprised at this one? Do not be! Our joints are able to move thanks to rubber like bands in our bodies called tendons and ligaments. As we age, the elastin weaknesses and these “rubber bands” lose their elasticity. Collagen ingestion helps restore the proteins needed to create stronger, more flexible tissue.
5) Pump Up Your Energy – Did you know that glycine is a major component of collagen supplements? Glycine stimulates your system to pump more sugar into the bloodstream – and this in turn encourages muscle mass building, which in turn increases your energy levels.
6) Strengthens Fingernails – You may be surprised to discover that fingernails are also affected by collagen supplements, but in fact it makes perfect sense. Glycine and proline can be considered the building blocks of healthy nail tissue, and incorporating more collagen supplements into your diet helps replenish levels which have diminished from aging.
While collagen is not a cure-all that will completely turn back the hands of time, it does provide many of the essential amino-acids we lose naturally as we grow older which enable the body to repair itself in ways it could never achieve without the added boost from supplements. While you can not stop time, integrating collagen supplements into your daily routine can certainly help to slow it down, and give you energy to live, work, play, and look your best in the interim.
Collagen supplies provide great benefits!